Saturday, December 22, 2012

Australian Christmas.



Hello all,

As you may have read in my last post I am holiday in Noosa Queensland and I thought I would give you an idea of how we celebrate Christmas here. Certainly no snow and no woollies. Our Christmas dinners are often eaten outside to make the most of the beautiful weather. We do partake in the traditional dinners of Ham and Turkey which can sometimes be a little much when the oven is roasting along with every one else in 35 degree heat. Often we have seafood and BBQ's and it is certainly the more becoming more the norm these days.

Being on Holiday I had very little at hand in the way of miniatures so I made this little post with all that I could gather together. I'm sure you can guess what the Christmas tree originally was.....hehe! I tried my hand at sewing the little Christmas stockings and made the star fish and candy canes from Femo. The baubles are beads from the craft shop.

I must mention the Pineapple.......Something that is often part of a Christmas celebration in all sorts of uses, fruit platters, Salads, glazing hams....the list goes on but I put this in to bring a smile to the face of a certain person.......you know who you are.....; )

Merry Christmas to all and I would like to thank you all for your lovely encouraging comments and your warm friendships. It has made an otherwise difficult year bearable knowing you are all out there.

Love and good will to all and  have a wonderful Holiday.

Much Love,

Fi xx

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scene, Fi! Amazing what you have put together--I love it! Thank you for sharing your Australian Christmas traditions--I knew none of it! Take care, and enjoy your holiday time. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas!! I love your little shabby Downunder christmas scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Fi!
    Horray for the Aussie Christmas, no snow but nothing better than the whole family floating around in the pool after the big meal trying to work it off hey? And what a lovely place to spend it, Noosa is so beautiful... I'm so jealous!!!
    Hope you and your family have a lovely time, see you in the new year.
    Love, Mins xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful composition, it proves that it is spirit in Christmas that matters.
    Happy Holiday!
    Philip

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Lovely setting, Fi!!! I LOVE your little tree (bottle-brush???) and you have been Very creative with the materials you have at hand!!! I cannot imagine Christmas in Hot weather.... but the setting on the beach is Gorgeous... Your tiny stockings are very cute too! As for the Pineapple... here in New England it is the symbol of Hospitality!
    Enjoy your Vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have made a gorgeous Australian Christmas scene, Fi! Never seen before, of course ;)!! The colors are so balanced, they are my favorite colors (not only winter clors but also sea colors :D). I love that tree with the tiny shells, stockings and canes, it is wonderful and very well photographed! That small pineapple is it made of Fimo too?? Amazing work!
    Enjoy your vacation and...
    ......Merry Christmas and a good and healthy 2013, my friend!! Best wishes to all of you.
    Lovingly, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little scene.

    Have a wonderful Christmas, we will celebrate with a BBQ outside too :-) One year I will have to visit my brother in Norway during Christmas so that I can experience a snowy, cold Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful scene you have created.
    Christmas on the beach.
    The photo's at you previous post are also beautiful.
    Have a wonderful christmas and a good and healty 2013.

    lovely regards, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute!!

    Enjoy your holidays, and very best wishes for a wonderful 2013 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little Christmas scene, especially the tree! I noticed the pineapple instantly and laughed out loud!! Your stockings look cute (I think you may be proud of me when all is revealed tomorrow; I've done a little sewing myself!). I like the fact that you made starfish, and those candy canes look yummy!

    Hope you have a great Christmas Fi, best wishes for the New Year (hope it's a better one for you!)

    Love
    Andy xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from Spain: I envy Christmas with good weather. Nice pictures. Merry Christmas! keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fi - Great shot capturing our warm christmas seasons! Have a wonderful holiday season and an equally wonderful 2013. Hugs - Lidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a fab Christmas and New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Difficult for me to think that you can have christmas during summer...
    Merry Christmas to you too!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete